The Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado & Wyoming strives to connect, educate, and empower our community to improve the lives of those who are impacted by epilepsy. The Symposium is designed for people with epilepsy, caregivers, and healthcare providers, and offers education on a wide variety of topics.
Professional Session Schedule – In-person and Virtual
- Recent Developments in Treatments and Medications* – Dr. Jacqueline French, Professor, NYU Comprehensive Epilepsy Center | Chief Scientific Officer, Epilepsy Foundation of America
- Surgical Options for Epilepsy* – Dr. Matthew Mian, Director of Functional Neurosurgery, Swedish Medical Center | Neurosurgeon, CarePoint Neurosurgery
- Best Practices in Telehealth for Epilepsy* – Dr. David Wheeler, Neurology, Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology, Wyoming Neurologic Associates
- Epilepsy and Mental Health Comorbidities* – Dr. Oliver Jeffery, Epileptologist, Blue Sky Neurology
- Transition of Care* – Dr. Kelly Knupp, Associate Professor, Pediatrics-Neurology, Children’s Hospital Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- Adult-onset Seizures* – Dr. Mark Spitz, Professor and Chief, Adult Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, UC Health | University of Colorado
No planners or speakers have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. AMA: The HealthONE Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
*The HealthONE Health System designates this enduring material for a maximum of (1) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the educational activity. CHPE/CEUs: This activity is approved by The HealthONE Health System Division Department of Continuing Medical Education for a maximum of 1 hour (0.1 CEUs) continuing education units.