Seizure First Aid Training and Certification
We are excited to present live, instructor-led Seizure First Aid Training and Certification courses in Colorado and Wyoming.
This 90-minute class will teach you how to recognize different types of seizures, respond with appropriate first aid, and understand when to call for additional help.
Knowing how to help someone during a seizure can make a difference and save a life.
While everyone should know basic seizure first aid, becoming Seizure First Aid Certified takes you further. You will learn about both epilepsy and seizures including how to recognize signs of a seizure and how to use basic first aid steps and when emergency medical help is necessary.
Seizure First Aid Certification is designed for people who:
- Have a family member, loved one, or friend with seizures.
- Have a job where you provide care for people with seizures.
- Have a job where you work with the public or work with someone who has seizures.
- Coach or lead groups.
Led by a certified seizure first aid instructor, this course is free to attend and will provide a certification valid for two years.
Seizure Recognition and First Aid Certification is also available on-demand through the Epilepsy Foundation of America.
Seizure Training for School Nurses: Caring for Students
This program is designed to provide the school nurse with information, strategies, and resources that will enable him/her to better manage the student with seizures by:
- Supporting positive treatment outcomes,
- Maximizing educational and developmental opportunities and
- Ensuring a safe and supportive environment.
- The program consists of seven modules to assist the school nurse in learning to effectively manage seizures in a school environment.
Seizure First Aid Ready Course
The 30-minute Seizure First Aid Ready on-demand course is designed for people who:
- Want to learn the basics of seizure first aid
- Have a job where you work with the public or work with someone who has seizures
- Coach or lead groups
- Work, play or live in areas or settings where seizures could occur
This course aims to increase knowledge in applying seizure first aid. Information is presented in an interactive eLearning format with animations, videos, and activities to help learners become seizure first aid ready.
Note: The Seizure First Aid Ready course is shorter than the two-year Seizure Recognition and First Aid Certification course and does not go into the same level of detail.
Th1nk 26 & Epilepsia 101
This free educational program is offered virtually to be accessible to anyone. Led by neurologists, epileptologists, and other professionals, these presentations cover thought-provoking topics centered around epilepsy, diagnosis, treatment options, surgery, dietary therapies, neurofeedback and more.
Epilepsia 101 webinars are offered in Spanish.
This annual conference brings together the brightest minds in epilepsy research and treatment to share the latest and most relevant information to educate and empower you to make the best health care decisions possible for you and your family.